Friday, October 17, 2014

In the beginning there was a word...

   And that word turned into more words, and more words, and more words... You may be sorry you ever started reading this. It's like the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friend. Honestly, I hope it does go on and on. I think blogging could be something I really enjoy. We shall see...

   I have been debating about what my very FIRST blog post should be. It seems to set the tone for the rest of the blog, that's a big deal! Should it be about food? About goats and all their awesomeness? Housework? HA, no. Horses maybe, kids? The more I thought, I figured, the blog is an extension of my life, my passions, my family, me. So let's start there. A little about me. :)


   I am a stay at home mom of 3 wonderfully annoying, or annoyingly wonderful, kids.
Elijah, Katie and Keiryn
They mean the world to me. I home school these kids, well one of these kids. Elijah just started kindergarten this fall. He is doing great. I'm so proud. Katie will start kindergarten next year at the age of 4. We are going to see how it goes and not really push it, but I think she will love it. 
   Keiryn. Ah Keiryn. She shouldn't even exist, but I wouldn't trade her for the world. When Katie was just a baby Justin was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. We were told we wouldn't be able to have anymore kids because of the chemo. We were fine with that. Then came Keiryn. Surprise! She cracks me up, she really does. They all do. They are hilarious, and loud, very loud.

  We make our home on a little 1 1/4 acre patch of ground. It needs a lot of work. I have heard tale of there just being pathways through junk over the entire property, I believe it. We have a lot of clean up yet to do, but I love our little patch. 


Why? Because...
    I get to have goats! I LOVE goats! We currently have 5. Two, Gruff and Twig, are wethers (neutered males) and they are our future pack goats. Two, Rosemary and her daughter Ginger, are milkers. They are dry now, but are bred to kid in early march. And lastly we have Stinky, our buck. He's just passing through, I hope...


Aren't they adorable? I love them.


   We have two horses, Penny and Mister. Penny is Justin's hunting pal, and Mister is our miniature for the kids. We also have 2 dogs, Ben my beaglebud, and Shep the border collie pup, AKA Fluffy Dumbdumb. You can see pictures of them in future posts. :)

    And last but certainly not least is my amazing hubby. He's my favorite. :) I don't know what I would do without this wonderful guy. Sigh. He's the best.

   Anyways... I enjoy all things homestead, outside, family and in the kitchen. Those are the things I hope to post about in the future. Since you survived this long, I hope you will subscribe and read on my friends, read on.












1 comment:

  1. I like Keiryn's "My mom can beat up your mom," face.
    - Eric

    ReplyDelete

DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.