Tuesday, December 9, 2014

8 Years People!



Justin and I have been married 8 years today! So guess what?! You get to see wedding photos. :)

But first a little background story.

Justin and I grew up together. We met in Sunday School, I think that's awesome. I have known him since as far back as I can remember. I have no idea how old we were when we first met, but I don't really remember not knowing him so I count it as all my life. :)

I also don't remember a time when I didn't think "this is the fella I will marry". I picked him out young. He took a bit longer to convince.


Years go by... and we started dating after high school. Justin, his brother, my friend and I hung out ALL the time in high school, but we didn't really start dating until after I graduated. Well, our first official date was my prom, which I asked him too. So technically I did the thing that I most-ish hate. I asked him out first... Grr... Oh well, in my defense I didn't have much of a choice. He didn't go to my school so he couldn't really ask me.

More years go by... About 3. Then he finally asked me to marry him. Finally. Took him long enough.

We were engaged from October 14, 2006 until December 9, 2006. I am a HUGE fan of short engagements. Just get in and get it done, none of this dilly-dally stuff. 

Anyways... enough chatter Lady, get on to the pictures!




The church smelled SO good!



We left the ceremony in a horse drawn carriage.

I love the horse's breath.


 


On our way to the reception.


 
He totally started it...
 

I made that sign out of pretzels... I still have it... :)

On the tables we had pictures of us together...

and pictures of my parent's wedding...

and his parent's wedding. And maybe our grandparent's weddings, but I can't remember and I don't have pictures...

I love my Mom and Nana in this picture. :)
My cousin did this, his day is coming...
Random bursts of glitter came out of the vents for years...


Off to start the rest of our lives.


 It has been a wonderful 8 years. Here's to many, many more!




In other news... (the part of the show where I share a random tidbit from the week)

Our church held a Burly Camper Fundraiser, all the men grew out their beards and got sponsors. Elijah wanted to participate so participate we did. :)


 













 Elijah raised $500 for BGMC and STL, $500!! I'm so proud of him. As a prize for raising the most during the fundraiser he was awarded a new fireman lego set. He brought it home and played with it ALL day, stopping only to eat dinner and make brownies. Then back to legos until bed and right back at it first thing in the morning. :) That boy loves his legos...

His Daddy also won a prize for best looking beard. :) He's a pretty handsome fella...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...I love it! You were such a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow has it really been 8 years already! Congratulations! You guys have a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete

DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.